We have over 8 years experience in the manufacture & use of
& Animal Bedding
- fast & easy mucking out - up to 50% quicker
- 5 x more absorbent than shavings
- warm & insulating
- reduced odour - up to 80% reduction
- very low dust content - ideal for horses with C.O.P.D
- smaller muck heap - rots down faster than straw or shavings
- free delivery* Sussex, Surrey, Kent & Hampshire*
Why try cardboard horse bedding?
A recent 'Pegasus' editorial
With the cost of traditional bedding materials such as straw and wood shavings soaring, along with the desire to be as environmentally friendly as possible, horse owners are increasingly willing to look at new alternatives.
Ian Pulling producer of 2 Recycle Horse Bedding has put 20 years of experience with horses into creating the best bedding for horses possible and believes shredded recycled cardboard is it - providing a soft, warm and safe bed for horses whilst being cheap and "green".
He says "running a busy riding school and livery yard in today's climate means that every penny counts, but we also needed to find bedding that was quick and easy to muck out. We have trialled cardboard bedding for over 3 years and from day one it was obvious that this could be the future for horse owners everywhere.
So why should you try 2 Recycle Horse Bedding?
- It's cost-effective: a 20kg bag of cardboard costs just £5-00. It can also be stored inside or outdoors and is quick to muck out leaving you more time to o other things!
- It's easy to use: recycled cardboard is shredded into small strips approximately 30mm long, so that a standard shavings fork will easily lift manure without excess clean bedding - and it rots down in just 8 - 12 weeks, keeping muck heaps to a minimum.
- It's highly absorbent: tests have shown that cardboard absorbs 6x more liquid than straw and 5x more than shavings - which means its virtually odour free too.
- It's safe for all horses: our cardboard bedding is virtually dust, seed and spore free -so very suitable for horses suffering COPD plus it's extremely unlikely to be eaten!
- It's environmentally friendly: our bedding is made from 100% recycled cardboard that is fully bio-degradable - we even use unprinted bag
s and will recycle or re-use them!
What our customers say........................
"We have been using cardboard bedding for the past year. The bedding is economical and as it is dust free it is very clean and excellent for our horses respiratory systems and leaves the boxes smelling fresh and hygienic. The bedding is delivered in easy to open plastic sacks with little effort required to lay the bedding. It has made such a positive difference to our stable routine and I thoroughly recommend its use."
Prof Di Lawrence-Watt
Eastlands Livery Service Warninglid, Sussex
"Just thought I would drop you a line to let you know how impressed I am with your cardboard horse bedding. I did a lot of research into changing from shavings as i was concerned that I wouldn't be able to find anything as absorbent or easy and have to admit that we did a water test to see which was better and the cardboard won hands down.... I have now used the cardboard horse bedding for two winters and have found it easy to store, simple to lay and add to existing beds it's super absorbent and easy to manage and the price is great! We have 10 horses on the yard and we originally had four using it and now the whole yard is using your cardboard horse bedding... Well done for putting a super bedding onto the market and at such an affordable price"
"Had some carboard horse bedding from you, very happy with it my horse loves it, would like to order
Free delivery is based on one bale per mile from Crawley West Sussex.
Crawley to Brighton = 25 miles (minimum quantity 25 bales)
Crawley to Heathfield = 42 miles ( minimum quantity 42 bales)
Crawley to Isle of Sheppy = 60 miles ( minimum quantity 60 bales)
Our minimum delivery is 10 bales.
Click on Twiggy's head to return to 'Twiglets'